right about now because the future greats all just came in gloriously dirty from building mud huts. Whoopee! And unfortunately it's too cold right now for me to strip them of those clothes and have them only in nature's barest attire just to get completely caught up. Sigh! The neverending cycle of laundry.
But otherwise, every piece of clothing has been washed and dried and is neatly--okay, not so neatly, but at least it's in the baskets, people. The next step of making it into the drawers and closets is a work in progress.
Since returning to regularly scheduled programming of Bible study and officially off of holiday break, I'm becoming ever more aware of the many works in progress that God so graciously continues in me.
I realized last night in some pondering, with consternation, that I didn't accomplish all of my holiday goals, including concentrated time in prayer and reading. By His grace, I did accomplish several goals, but there is always more to do. It's the laundry again. I'm washed and dried, but in some spots still lying ever so not neatly in the basket. A bit rumpled and wrinkled and waiting to be placed in my proper home.
Anticipating future glory, complete adoption as His daughter, the fulfillment of this body's redemption, the absence of sin--as a believer, all part of the hope in which I was saved. While the completion takes time, the completion certainly occurs.
Psalm 111:7-8 "The works of His hands are faithful and just; all His precepts are trustworthy,
They are steadfast for ever and ever, done in faithfulness and uprightness."
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment