Friday, January 19, 2007

I believe that it's a button...

on my blog. All of you veteran bloggers will just have to chuckle quietly, please, over this newbie's astonishment that a piece of HTML actually worked! Hold on for a moment while I simply gaze at it....Okay, I'm back. Unbelievable! I must have been crooking my pinkie toe in just the right way for that to happen.

Anyway, what's the big deal? Well, in trying to navigate the blogosphere and meet some of the other really, really good writers, you learn about these different events like carnivals, tours, and blog parties. These blog events are ways to both meet and greet other like-minded bloggers. I feel like the shy girl at the 7th grade dance hoping that I don't get laughed out of the gymnasium because my hair is frizzy. Partly the reason why I haven't till now joined in on any of the blogging fun. The other reason would be I haven't known, until TODAY, how to post a button on my sidebar. Now things are going to change!

So, the deal with the blog party is to visit 5 Minutes for Mom the week of March 2nd through the 9th and any bloggers who visit should sign the Mr. Linky thing. Non-bloggers can still visit and see what other blogs o'interest are participating.

It's my first party, so hope the punch is good and that they like my hair. Maybe I'll even win a party favor.

3 comments:

Amie Adams said...

Isn't that the greatest thing about the blogosphere? You don't have to worry about your hair!!

Blogger profile name said...

Congratulations on your sidebar accomplishment! I think it sounds like a fun party, too.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

You are a hoot! Great work on the button!! It looks fabulous (if I do say so myself.) ;)

Totally great that you are coming out to the party. I am sure you will have a fantastic time and your hair will be just right. :)

(And remember that we were all the new girl at one point!)