New Year's Eve at this house last night was just plain....ordinary. Our initial plans had included having friends over to play double canasta and eat yummy snacks until the midnight tolled but 2 out of 3 future greats are sniffling, snorting, and coughing up their lungs. So we cancelled what would have otherwise been an *exciting* time!
Instead, the great man was downstairs in the basement *cleaning* or as he candidly admitted was probably just moving stuff around. I lounged on the red couch to the tune of some football games and then spent 1 1/2 hours in front of the computer taking an HTML tutorial, found at http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp. When I reached the sections on HTML code for colors, my eyes (and brain) lost all focus.
But wouldn't you know that 2007 still arrived. There's just no stopping of time. Unless you're in line at WalMart on New Year's Day buying your family's lunch at 1:28 p.m.
This morning was lazy--breakfast at 10, lunch at 2, who knows when supper will happen. There are no plans for any traditional New Year's Day lunch. And I'm perfectly all right with that. While I don't buy in to the whole black eyed peas tale, I do keep hearing my mom's voice, "Whatever you do the first day of the year, you do the rest of the year."
Well, I genuinely hope so. It has been relaxing and easygoing. If our family accomplished any goals from last year, it was to take stock of the rat race and opt out on a couple of things. There is still much to be done in decluttering, de-rushing, and de-stressing, but just being able to write January 1, 2007 on the first check of a new checkbook, made me feel all fresh inside.
Here's to a new year!
Monday, January 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment