Me: I've been thinking about what sort of activity we should do for our class Christmas party. What ideas do you have?
Room mom: Wow! I'm so glad that you asked because I was thinking that you could haul all the boys out to Target or WalMart or just some other equally super crowded place swarming with last minute shoppers, and then painstakingly go through the candy aisle to try and decide what sugar filled treat will look most like window panes on the gingerbread houses I'm designing in my mind.
Me: Oh, do you really think it's necessary to have the boys work on gingerbread houses? I mean, do they really need all that candy? Do you, I mean I, really need all of that mess?
Room mom: I can't believe that you'd ask a question like that. I mean, won't your boys feel deprived and therefore, won't you be considered a neglectful, Scroogish and Grinchlike mom for not providing them with candy laden houses that are arguably just too cute? By the way, instead of using traditional gingerbread or graham crackers, I was thinking that to create a stucco like effect we, I mean you, could square off some vanilla wafers. What do you think?
Me: Well, I'm not too keen on that whole carving vanilla wafers thing. But to answer your first question, no, I don't think I'm being Scroogish or Grinchlike to ixnay the ouseshay. I let them have candy and cookies. Trust me, they'll think me a lot more Scroogish or heck, even Marley's ghost of terror and horror, if I have to figure out some gingerbread project thingy. I say we, I mean I, will just buy a roll of sugar cookie dough, let them press out some shapes and sprinkle sparkles to their hearts' content. How about that?
Room mom: I guess that would work. But you know what other people will say about it.
Me: Yes, they'll say "Why, didn't I think of that." Now, let's talk about what you, I mean I, am going to get for my end of year present.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've been trying to think of some good rainy day activities for this weekend at mom and dad's, and I hadn't considered this one! My kids and I thank you!!!
LB
Post a Comment