When I think of carnivals I'm transported back as a child to memories that cause me to immediately smell popcorn and cotton candy, buttery grilled corn and killer-sweet funnel cakes. I can hear calliope music and the din of a crowd pushing to ride the ferris wheel, hear the bells and whistles of carnival games and the banter of callers urging people to pay "$5.00 for 3 balls! Knock the pins down!".
So obviously when I first entered the blogging world and read about these "carnivals" I only had childhood memories as a reference. Blogging carnivals don't have the popcorn and cotton candy, although you could probably snack on such things while reading. And blog carnivals don't feature calliope music, although some sophisticated sites do have music accompaniment. However, the point of a blog carnival is not unlike the enjoyment of a childhood carnival. As a child I was amazed at all the fascinating things that the carnival provided from the Bearded Lady to the Smallest/Strongest Man in the World. At blog carnivals I'm thrilled by all of the good writing. Many talented people from all over the blogging world gather before an inquisitive audience to read others' writings on all sorts of topics related to a particular theme. A blogging carnival is a menagerie of ideas on one theme.
And by golly, balls of jolly, I decided to jump in and join the Carnival of Homeschooling. So if you're so inclined and would like to read about some varied topics related to homeschooling, please go visit at Principled Discovery for the 51st Carnival of Homeschooling. No callers will try to have you flip the penny in the plate at only $2.50 a chance. And you'll have to bring your own popcorn and funnel cake. But it's well worth the visit! Have fun at the Carnival!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment