Friday, July 28, 2006

Packing for the hills

Woo Hoo! I know that school is about to start for several of you. I know that most of you have all ready been on at least one vacation, if not two. I know that it is near the first of August. But this family hasn't had their vacation yet.

This is the week! We're heading to the hills of North Carolina--the mountains--the cool, crystal streams--the creek of rocks galore for future greats to plunk, skip, splash and haul away as treasure.

This is the week when picnics are the rule, not the exception. When the noise of an air conditioning causes a start. When the porch swing beckons, I can actually go and sit in it. When the creases of strain in my great man's face relax from sleeping in.

Can you tell I'm excited? This is the week.

That is, if I can manage through today of packing everything but the kitchen sink, remembering the details of how the house runs for the housesitter, and patiently train the children, as I train myself, that working together not only builds character but gets us all out the door with speed and grace.

This is the week!

I don't know if there'll be any blogging "from a remote location" because I didn't get to that part of the tutorial. But I hope you'll come back after "this week"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh how I envy you. My husband and I were both raised in the Carolinas. And our families are all there - North and South. Sigh.

Have a great time...and your bracelet should be in your mailbox when you get back. It's already en route!