Currently I feel like a hamster on a wheel.
The future greats are back in school with even the littlest future great having started (and loving) kindergarten. Maybe conventional wisdom would say that things should start opening up with all the time I now have--I mean, really, all three of my boys are in school at least some part of the day. So why do I feel like I'm the hamster on the wheel just spinning, and spinning, and spinning?
Perhaps because when the future greats are at home, I must be organized or nothing gets done and we all spin the wheel. And I'm now being faced with the daunting task of disciplining myself for the "open" time. As the Bible study I attend is starting up, I see this task taking shape of its own accord!
Additionally, all of the many after school activities have started up so I seem to always be in the minivan running someone somewhere. And we're one of those families who only allow each child to have one "extra" activity. The oldest fences one night a week, the next plays soccer--here's the rub because practice is twice a week with games all weekend--and the youngest has nothing but to be his brothers' greatest cheerleader/fan.
Even as I've just typed that out I realize I've answered my own question of why I feel like a hamster on the wheel. It is certainly taking some time this year to adjust and re-adjust to the "back-to-school" schedule.
Maybe I should eat more carrots....
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment